Saturday, February 19, 2011

2~16~11

JAY NASH~REDROOM 939

...Jay Nash's defining musical moment came at age12, after hearing a 90-minute Maxell tape with the 1971 Grateful Dead Live album on one side and Cat Stevens’ Greatest Hits on the other. To steal a line: What a long, strange trip it's been – and it's brought him where he is today.

No need to wonder why Jay's music touched me after I read this from his bio as I own both of these LP's and listened to them non-stop back in the day.
Long, strange trip indeed...

The crowd at this concert was so respectful, there was a good four feet in front of the stage that was empty. I could have run around and caught Jay at every angle but
felt it would be distracting to both the artist and the audience besides I was a bit
mesmerized by the magic myself.























No comments:

Post a Comment